Science, engineering and technology (SET) statistics is a summary of key science, engineering and technology indicators, prepared in collaboration with the Office for National Statistics.
It aims to:
- provide a historical analysis of the government financing of science, engineering and technology (SET) activities in the UK
- describe the relationship between the funders and performers of research and development (R&D) in the UK (government, higher education, business enterprise, charities and overseas)
- report on business enterprise R&D expenditure
- summarise key data on output and employment of science graduates and postgraduates, and other employment data
- how how the UK compares with other G7 countries
Published 11 September 2013