Includes all the main ferry routes between Great Britain and mainland Europe, and the Channel Tunnel, and excludes routes between Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. It is based on information supplied by ferry operators and Eurotunnel. See the Technical Information for further details of how the data is collected.
- there were 2.43 million goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe. This is a 1.7% decline compared to 2011 and 16% lower than the peak in 2007
- of these goods vehicles, 1.81 million were powered vehicles and 619,000 were unaccompanied trailers
- powered vehicles are at a similar level to 2011, whereas unaccompanied trailers have fallen by 6.2%
During October to December 2012:
- 604,000 goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe
- powered vehicles have increased slightly compared to October to December 2011 (up by 0.9%) whereas unaccompanied trailers have fallen slightly (down 1.6%)
Information on roll-on, roll-off international freight statistics, including the pre-release access list and related technical documentation are available.