Number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe between July to September 2012.
For the rolling annual total:
- there were 2.43 million goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the four quarters ending July to September 2012. This is a 2.4% decline compared to the four quarters ending July to September 2011 and 16% lower than the peak in 2007
- the number of goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe has increased by over 70% in the last 20 years
Of these goods vehicles:
- 1.81 million were powered vehicles
- 622,000 were unaccompanied trailers
- both powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers have fallen compared to the four quarters ending July to September 2011 by 0.9% and 6.7% respectively
In July to September 2012:
- 611,000 goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe
- 452,000 were powered vehicles (an increase of 3.5% on July to September 2011)
- 158,000 were unaccompanied trailers (down 3.1% on July to September 2011)
- 452,000 of these goods vehicles were powered vehicles and 154 thousand were unaccompanied trailers, down 2% and 9% respectively on April to June 2011
Information on roll-on, roll-off international freight statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation are available.
Roll-on roll-off international freight statistics enquiries
Public enquiries 020 7944 3717