Includes all the main ferry routes between Great Britain and mainland Europe, and the Channel Tunnel, and excludes routes between Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. It is based on information supplied by ferry operators and Eurotunnel. See the technical Information below for further details of how the data are collected.
For the rolling annual total:
- there were 2.53 million goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the four quarters in 2013. This was 5% higher than in the four quarters in 2012, but still 13% lower than the peak in 2007
Of these goods vehicles:
- 1.9 million were powered vehicles and 0.6 million were unaccompanied trailers
- powered vehicles increased by 6%
- unaccompanied trailers were unchanged
From April to June 2013:
- 676 thousand goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, 11% higher than in April to June 2012 and the highest total since April to June (quarter 2) 2008
Pre-release access list and related technical documentation.