Results from the survey on road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe from Great Britain. It includes all the main ferry routes between Great Britain and mainland Europe. Ferry routes between Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland are not included. These results are published quarterly 8 weeks after the end of the quarter.
For the 4 quarters ending 2012:
- 2.44 million goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the year ending January to March 2012, 2% lower than January to March 2011, and 49% higher than in 1996, but 16% lower than the peak in 2007
- 1.80 million of these goods vehicles were powered vehicles, down 1% on the year ending January to March 2011
- 643,000 were unaccompanied trailers, down 6% on the year ending January to March 2010
During April to June 2012:
- 607,000 goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, down 4% on April to June 2011.
- 452,000 of these goods vehicles were powered vehicles and 154 thousand were unaccompanied trailers, down 2% and 9% respectively on April to June 2011
View this data in an interactive chart
Information on roll-on, roll-off international freight statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation are available.