Statistics on the number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe.
In 2016, there were 3 million road goods vehicles, of which:
- 2.2 million were powered vehicles
- 0.7 million were unaccompanied trailers
Compared with 2015, powered vehicles disembarking in:
- France, decreased by 1% to 2.1 million
- Netherlands, increased by 2% to 0.6 million
The majority of goods vehicles travelling from Dover Strait ports were powered vehicles (99%) and from North Sea ports were unaccompanied trailers (80%).
In October to December 2016, road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe increased by 4% to 764,000 compared with October to December 2015, of which:
- 575,000 were powered vehicles
- 189,000 were unaccompanied trailers