Statistics on the number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe.
In July to September 2016, there were 743,000 good vehicles, of which:
- 554,000 were powered vehicles
- 189,000 were unaccompanied trailers
Powered vehicles disembarked in:
- France, increased by 7% to 506,000
- Netherlands, decreased by 5% to 40,000
The majority of goods vehicles travelling from Dover Strait ports were powered vehicles (99%) and from North Sea ports were unaccompanied trailers (80%).
Road goods vehicles in the 12-month period ending September 2016 decreased slightly by 1% to 3.0 million, of which:
- 2.2 million were powered vehicles
- 0.7 million were unaccompanied trailers