In July to September 2015:
- there was a 6% increase in the number of road goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the 12 month period ending September 2015
- road goods vehicles increased by 173,000 to 3 million taking the total to 4% higher than 2007, the pre-recession peak
- of the total road goods vehicles, 2.3 million were powered vehicles and 718,000 were unaccompanied trailers
- 718,000 goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe (525,000 powered vehicles and 193,000 unaccompanied trailers)
- 474,000 powered vehicles disembarked in France, 8% lower compared to quarter 3 2014. In contrast, the number of powered vehicles disembarking in the Netherlands increased by 15% during this period to 42,000
Additional information for Croatia who joined the European Union in 2013, will be included in the next statistical release in February 2016.