Road goods vehicles statistics travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe, by country of registration.
The results presented are based on information supplied by ferry operators and Eurotunnel. See the road freight domestic and international guidance for further details of how the data is collected.
For the rolling annual total:
- there were 2.6 million goods vehicles travelling from Great Britain to mainland Europe in the 4 quarters ending July to September 2013. This was 7% higher than in the 4 quarters ending July to September 2012, but still 10% lower than the 2007 peak
- of these goods vehicles, 2 million were powered vehicles and 0.6 million were unaccompanied trailers
- powered vehicles increased by 9%, whereas unaccompanied trailers increased by only 2%, compared to the 4 quarters ending July to September 2012
- of the powered vehicles, 1.63 million were foreign registered, compared to 332,000 UK registered
During July to September 2013:
- 683,000 goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, 12% higher than in July to September 2012 and the highest total since July to September 2008
- of these goods vehicles, 517,000 were powered vehicles and 166,000 were unaccompanied trailers
Roll-on roll-off international freight statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 3717