Statistics on the number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe.
In the year ending March 2017, there were 3 million road goods vehicles that travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, of which:
- 2.3 million were powered vehicles
- 0.8 million were unaccompanied trailers
The majority of powered vehicles travelled from Dover Strait ports (88%), whilst the majority of unaccompanied trailers travelled from North Sea ports (94%).
Compared with the year ending March 2016, there was a 6% increase in the number of powered vehicles that travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe, of which:
- 0.3 million were UK-registered
- 2.0 million were foreign-registered
In January to March 2017, road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe increased by 6% compared with January to March 2016 to 758,000, of which:
- 573,000 were powered vehicles
- 185,000 were unaccompanied trailers