The number of powered vehicles and unaccompanied trailers carried on each route to mainland Europe.
In April to June 2016, there were 766,000 good vehicles, of which:
- 576,000 were powered vehicles
- 190,000 were unaccompanied trailers
Powered vehicles disembarked in:
- France, decreased by 3% to 527,000
- Netherlands, increased by 8% to 41,000
The majority of goods vehicles travelling from Dover Strait ports were powered vehicles (99%) and from North Sea ports were unaccompanied trailers (80%).
Road goods vehicles in the 12 month period ending June 2016 decreased by 3% to 2.9 million, of which:
- 2.2 million were powered vehicles
- 0.7 million were unaccompanied trailers