Personal injury accident statistics in the year ending March 2015 on public roads in Great Britain.
In reported road traffic accidents for the year ending March 2015:
- road deaths decreased by 1% compared to the year ending March 2014, to 1,740
- there were 23,570 killed or seriously injured (KSI) casualties, a 3% decrease compared with the previous year
- there were 186,060 reported road casualties of all severities, 2% lower than the 189,812 for the year ending March 2014
- motor traffic levels rose by 1.8% compared with the 12 month period ending March 2014 - the overall casualty rate per vehicle mile decreased by 2% for the same period
Between January and March 2015:
- there were 340 road deaths, a 10% decrease from the same quarter in 2014
- KSI casualties decreased, slightly injured casualties and overall total casualties all fell by 18% compared with the same quarter in 2014
The quarterly provisional estimates series provides in-year estimates of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595