Personal injury accident statistics in the year ending March 2014 on public roads in Great Britain.
In reported road traffic accidents for the year ending March 2014:
- road deaths increased by 4% compared to the year ending March 2013, to 1,750
- killed or seriously injured (KSI) casualties increased to 24,160, a 2% increase compared with the previous year
- there were 189,880 reported road casualties of all severities, 1% higher than the 188,884 for the year ending March 2013
- motor traffic levels rose by 3% compared with the 12 month period ending March 2013. The overall casualty rate per vehicle mile decreased by 2% for the same period
Between January and March 2014:
- there were 380 road deaths, 13% higher than the same single quarter in 2013
- KSIs and slightly injured casualties increased by 17% and 15% respectively
The quarterly provisional estimates provides in-year estimates of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595