In reported road traffic accidents for the year ending June 2015:
- road deaths decreased by 2% compared to the year ending June 2014, to 1,700
- there were 22,830 killed or seriously injured (KSI) casualties, a 7% decrease compared with the previous year
- there were 180,500 reported road casualties of all severities, 7% lower than the year ending June 2014
- motor traffic levels rose by 2.3% compared with the 12 month period ending June 2014. The overall casualty rate per vehicle mile decreased by 9% for the same period.
Between April and June 2015:
- there were 400 road deaths, a 7% decrease from the same quarter in 2014
KSI casualties decreased by 11% with slightly injured casualties and overall total casualties both falling by 12% compared with the same quarter in 2014.
The quarterly provisional estimates provides in-year statistics of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.