Statistics on personal injury accidents on public roads in Great Britain.
In reported road traffic accidents in 2015:
- road deaths decreased by 2% compared with 2014, falling to 1,732
- the number of people seriously injured decreased by 3% to 22,137
- there were a total of 186,209 casualties of all severities
- 140,086 personal-injury road traffic accidents were reported to the police
- reported child casualties fell by 4% to 16,101, compared with 2014
- traffic volumes rose by 1.6% compared with 2014
Figures for deaths refer to people who sustained injuries which caused death less than 30 days after the accident. A more comprehensive analysis of 2015 casualty statistics will be published later this year in Reported road casualties Great Britain, annual report.