Reported road casualties in Great Britain, main results: 2015
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Road accidents and safety statistics, Road safety, Casualties involved in reported road accidents (RAS30), and Reported road accidents (RAS10)
- 30 June 2016
Personal injury accident statistics on public roads in Great Britain for 2015.
PDF, 643KB, 28 pages
PDF, 306KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on personal injury accidents on public roads in Great Britain.
In reported road traffic accidents in 2015:
- road deaths decreased by 2% compared with 2014, falling to 1,732
- the number of people seriously injured decreased by 3% to 22,137
- there were a total of 186,209 casualties of all severities
- 140,086 personal-injury road traffic accidents were reported to the police
- reported child casualties fell by 4% to 16,101, compared with 2014
- traffic volumes rose by 1.6% compared with 2014
Figures for deaths refer to people who sustained injuries which caused death less than 30 days after the accident. A more comprehensive analysis of 2015 casualty statistics will be published later this year in Reported road casualties Great Britain, annual report.
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595
Published: 30 June 2016