Personal injury accident statistics in the year ending September 2015 on public roads in Great Britain.
In reported road traffic accidents for the year ending September 2015:
- road deaths increased by 3% compared with the year ending September 2014, to 1,780
- there were 23,700 killed or seriously injured (KSI) casualties, a 3% decrease compared with the previous year
- there were 188,830 reported road casualties of all severities, 3% lower than the year ending September 2014
- motor traffic levels rose by 2.2% compared with the 12 month period ending September 2014. The overall casualty rate per vehicle mile decreased by 5% for the same period
Between July and September 2015:
- there were 450 road deaths, a 2% decrease from the same quarter in 2014
- KSI casualties decreased by 3% with slightly injured casualties and overall total casualties both falling by 1% compared with the same quarter in 2014
The quarterly provisional estimates provides in-year statistics of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595