Personal injury accident statistics for the year ending March 2016 on public roads in Great Britain.
The quarterly provisional estimates provides in-year statistics of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.
In reported road traffic accidents for the year ending March 2016:
- there were 1,780 road deaths, unchanged from the year ending March 2015
- 24,610 people were killed or seriously injured
- there were 187,050 casualties of all severities
- motor traffic levels rose by 1.8% over the same period
Between January and March 2016:
- 430 people were killed, a 13% increase from 380 people in January to March 2015
- KSI casualties increased by 14% with overall total casualties up by 2% compared with January to March 2015
Road safety statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 6595