Statistics on local bus passenger journeys and fares in Great Britain and annual statistics on bus punctuality.
Comparing April to June 2012 with the same quarter in the previous year:
- there was no change in bus passenger journeys in England with a 1.2% increase for London, a 0.4% decrease in metropolitan areas, and a decrease of 2.0% in non-metropolitan areas.
- over the same period there was a decrease of 1.6% in passenger journeys in Scotland, and a decrease of 5.3% in Wales.
Comparing April to June 2012 with the previous quarter, there was a fall of 2.1% in seasonally adjusted bus passenger journeys in England, with falls in each area type. Quarter on quarter changes should be interpreted with caution.
Bus fares index
Comparing June 2012 with June 2011:
- there was an increase in bus fares of 6.5% in England (5.4% in London, 6.8% in metropolitan areas and 7.6% in non-metropolitan areas). The all items retail prices index increased by 2.8% over this period
- over the same period there was an increase of 5.4% in fares in Scotland, and an increase of 9.6% in Wales
- an estimated 82.7% of non-frequent bus services in England ran on time (defined as between 1 minute early and 5 minutes 59 seconds late)
Information on bus statistics, including the pre-release access list and related technical documentation.
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094