Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending December 2016, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.47 billion, a 2.1% decrease
- London decreased by 3.1%
- England outside London decreased by 1.1%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for October to December 2016 to the same period in 2015, we see:
- a 1.4% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 2.3%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 0.4%.
- Scotland decreased by 1.8%
- Wales increased by 4.1%
The local bus fares index increased by 1.3% in England between December 2015 and December 2016.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.6% decrease in London
- 2.4% increase in metropolitan areas
- 3.4% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 2.5% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 3.3% in Scotland
- 0.8% in Wales