Local bus passenger journeys and fares statistics in Great Britain for October to December 2016.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Statistics on the number of local bus:
- passenger journeys
in Great Britain.
For the year ending December 2016, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.47 billion, a 2.1% decrease
- London decreased by 3.1%
- England outside London decreased by 1.1%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for October to December 2016 to the same period in 2015, we see:
- a 1.4% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 2.3%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 0.4%.
- Scotland decreased by 1.8%
- Wales increased by 4.1%
The local bus fares index increased by 1.3% in England between December 2015 and December 2016.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.6% decrease in London
- 2.4% increase in metropolitan areas
- 3.4% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 2.5% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 3.3% in Scotland
- 0.8% in Wales
Public enquiries 020 7944 3094