- the number of local bus passenger journeys
- local bus fares
in Great Britain for January to March 2016.
For the year ending March 2016, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.53 billion, a 2.5% decrease
- London decreased by 3.0%
Bus use in England outside London decreased by 2.1% over the same period.
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for January to March 2016 to the same period last year:
- there was a 3.2% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 4.1%
In the same period, bus use:
- in England outside London decreased by 2.2%
- decreased in Wales and Scotland
The local bus fares index for England increased by 1.8% between March 2015 and March 2016. For other areas,
the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.2% increase in London
- 2.3% increase in metropolitan areas
- 2.0% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 1.6% over the same 12 month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 2.8% in Scotland
- 0.4% in Wales
A statistical release will be published every 6 months (rather than every quarter) in January to March, for release in June 2016 and July to September, for release in December 2016.
Quarterly bus statistics will continue to be published in online spreadsheet tables every quarter. Please see the annual bus statistics annual report for year ending March 2015 for further information.