Statistics on the number of local bus:
in Great Britain.
For the year ending June 2017, the number of local bus passenger journeys in:
- England was 4.43 billion, a 1.7% decrease
- London decreased by 1.7%
- England outside London decreased by 1.7%
Comparing local bus passenger journeys for April to June 2017 to the same period in 2016, we see:
- a 1.6% decrease in England
- bus use in London decreased by 0.7%
In the same period for bus use, we see:
- England outside London decreased by 2.4%.
- Scotland decreased by 2.0%
- Wales decreased by 1.9%
The local bus fares index increased by 2.1% in England between June 2016 and June 2017.
For other areas, the local bus fares index change was a:
- 1.8% decrease in London
- 3.9% increase in metropolitan areas
- 5.2% increase in non-metropolitan areas
The retail prices index increased by 3.5% over the same 12-month period.
Local bus fares increased by:
- 2.2% in Scotland
- 1.8% in Wales