Annual NOMS Digest 2015 to 2016
The Annual NOMS Digest replaces the former Management Information Addendum, Prison Performance Digest and Annual Accredited Programmes Bulletin. It is a supplement to NOMS annual report and accounts 2015 to 2016.
The Annual NOMS Digest statistics cover:
- performance data on prisoner escapes
- temporary release failures and releases in error
- foreign and national offender referrals
- random mandatory drug testing
- incentives and earned privileges
- mother and baby units
- electronic monitoring
- staff sickness for England and Wales
Prison performance ratings 2015 to 2016
The overall performance of each prison establishment is assessed against a range of indicators and graded into one of four bands. These bands are:
- level 4: Exceptional performance
- Level 3: Meeting majority of targets
- level 2: Overall performance is of concern
- Level 1: Overall performance is of serious concern
The Annual NOMS Digest is produced and handled by the Ministry of Justice’s (MOJ) analytical professionals and production staff. Pre-release access of up to 24 hours is granted to the following persons:
Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State; Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Minister for Prisons and Rehabilitation; Permanent Secretary; Director of Analytical Services; and relevant special advisors (x3), press officers (x5), and private secretaries (x7).
National Offender Management Service (NOMS)
Director General, NOMS; NOMS Executive Management Committee (x11); Deputy Director, Head of Performance and Analysis Group (PAG); Deputy Director, Safer Custody Unit (x2).