Performance statistics for prisons and probation trusts in 2011 and 2012.
Management information addendum
The ‘National Offender Management Service (NOMS) annual report 2011 to 2012’ includes a table summarising the agency’s results against its headline indicators at the national level. The ‘Management information addendum’ provides a more detailed breakdown of performance against a wider range of indicators and by prison function.
The ‘Prison performance digest’ provides a breakdown by individual establishment of performance over the past 17 years, up to and including 2011 to 2012, against a number of indicators, namely:
- prisoner population
- purposeful activity
- release on temporary licence
- random mandatory drug testing
The overall performance of each prison establishment and each probation trust is assessed against a range of indicators and graded into one of four bands. These bands are:
- Level 4: Exceptional performance
- Level 3: Good performance/meeting majority of targets
- Level 2: Requiring development/overall performance is of concern
- Level 1: Overall performance is of serious concern
For the first time this year we are releasing the underlying datasets and background information on the ratings systems.