Planning applications in England: April to June 2014
National statistics about the number of planning applications made and permissions granted in England.
Ref: ISBN 9781409843474 PDF, 576KB, 19 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The latest national statistics on planning applications were released under the auspices of the UK Statistics Authority on 2 October 2014.
Between April and June 2014, district level planning authorities in England:
- received 123,200 applications for planning permission; this represents a decrease of 1% compared with the corresponding quarter in 2013
- granted 92,400 permissions, up 1% from the same quarter in 2013
- granted 89% of applications, unchanged from the same quarter of 2013
- decided 79% of major applications within 13 weeks or within the agreed time, up from 63% a year earlier
- made 4% more residential decisions than in the June quarter 2013
In the year ending June 2014, district level planning authorities:
- granted 350,200 permissions, up 2% from the figure for the year to June 2013
- granted 88% of decisions, unchanged from the previous year