Planning applications in England: April to June 2013
National statistics about the number of planning applications made and permissions granted in England.
Ref: ISBN 9781409840268 PDF, 210KB, 18 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The latest national statistics on Planning Applications were released under the auspices of the UK Statistics Authority on 27 September 2013.
Between April and June 2013 district level planning authorities in England:
- decided 109,900 planning applications, 1% lower than in the same quarter in the previous year
- granted 90,900 permissions, 1% higher than in the same quarter in 2012
- granted 89% of applications, compared with 88% in the same quarter in 2012
- decided 11% more residential decisions compared to the June quarter 2012, with numbers of major decisions (10 or more dwellings) up by 45%
In the year ending June 2013, district level planning authorities:
- decided 418,600 planning applications, a decrease of 4% compared to the figure for the year to June 2012
- granted 343,000 permissions, a decrease of 4% compared to the figure for the year to June 2012
- granted 88% of decisions, an increase of 1% when compared to the previous year
- decided 59% of major applications in 13 weeks compared with 57% in the previous year
- decided 68% of minor applications and 82% of others in 8 weeks compared with 70% and 82% respectively in the previous year
- decided 2% more residential decisions compared to the previous year, with major residential decisions up by 14%