Walking and cycling statistics among adults (aged 16 and over) in England, by region and local authority for 2014 to 2015. These statistics are based on results from the Active People Survey (APS), an annual household survey administered by Sport England.
In the year ending mid-October 2015, the proportion of people walking frequently increased:
- for the second consecutive year
- by 3.3 percentage points in people walking once a week
- by 7.1 percentage points in people walking 3 times a week
- by 6.9 percentage points in people walking 5 times a week
- due mainly to an increase in walking for utility purposes
About 15% of adults in England cycled at least once a month. This is similar to previous years, although annual cycling increases varied widely between local authorities.