Improvements to destinations of key stage 5 students: 2014
- Department for Education
- Part of:
- Statistics: destinations of key stage 4 and key stage 5 pupils
- 4 August 2016
Statistical working paper presenting improvements to the coverage of student destinations following inclusion of new data.
This statistical working paper is the first in a series providing information on the use of new data to improve the coverage and accuracy of destinations measures using the Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) dataset.
It presents updated estimates for the 2013 to 2014 academic year using this new linked data.
The updated destinations data for key stage 5 includes:
- the percentage of students progressing to education, employment or training
- the percentage of students who do not progress to education, employment or training
Destinations are also shown by:
- student characteristics
- free school meals
- special educational needs for schools
- learning difficulties and/or disabilities for colleges
The key stage 5 measure is based on activity in the year after the young person took their A Level or other level 3 qualifications.
The LEO dataset has also been used to improve statistics on employment and earnings of graduates.
Destination measures statistics team
Telephone: Stephen Harris 0161 600 1595
Published: 4 August 2016