The Code of Practice for Official Statistics requires all producers of official statistics to publish, in consultation with the National Statistician, a ‘Statement of Administrative Sources’ which lists:
- the administrative systems currently used in the production of official statistics
- procedures to be followed within the organisation to ensure that full account is taken of the implications for official statistics when changes to administrative systems are being contemplated
- information on other administrative sources that are not currently used in the production of official statistics but have the potential to be so used
- arrangements for providing statistical staff, whether inside the producer body or elsewhere, with access to administrative data for statistical
- arrangements for auditing the quality of administrative data used for statistical purposes.
- arrangements for ensuring the security of statistical processes that draw on administrative data