Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee Scheme quarterly statistics: October 2013 to March 2014
- HM Treasury
- Part of:
- Help to Buy mortgage guarantee scheme quarterly statistics
- First published:
- 29 May 2014
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2014, see all updates
Official statistics on the Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee Scheme.
PDF, 232KB, 12 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 105KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This statistical release presents Official Statistics on the government’s Help to Buy: mortgage guarantee scheme. It presents statistics on the number of mortgage completions, types and values of properties, borrower incomes and breakdowns by various geographical areas. It is the first Official Statistics release concerning the Help to Buy: mortgage guarantee scheme and covers the period from its launch on 8 October 2013 to 31 March 2014.
The release has been designed to be compatible with the Help to Buy: Equity Loan statistics release produced by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
- in the first six months of the Help to Buy: mortgage guarantee 7,313 mortgages were completed with the support of the scheme
- of these, 80% were purchases by first time buyers
- the total value of mortgages supported by the scheme is £1 billion
- compared to total mortgage completions in each region, the scheme is supporting a higher proportion of mortgages in the North West and the East, and a lower proportion in London and the South East
- the mean value of a property purchased or remortgaged through the scheme is £151, 597, compared to a national average house price of £252,000
The data is provided by UK Asset Resolution (UKAR) who administer the scheme on behalf of the Treasury. In future the release will be published on a quarterly basis, around seven weeks after the end of the quarter to which it relates. The next release is scheduled to be published in August 2014.
Published: 29 May 2014
Updated: 29 May 2014
- Updated to correct typo on page 6 related to CML lending.
- Updated accompanying tables.
- First published.