Funding for flood and coastal erosion risk management in England
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Part of:
- Funding for flood and coastal erosion risk management in England
- 10 April 2013
- Last updated:
- 1 September 2016, see all updates
- Applies to:
A detailed breakdown of funding for flood and coastal erosion risk management in England.
Ref: PB13900 PDF, 568KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document sets out Central Government funding for Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) in England, since financial year 2005/06.
The document sets out the budget allocations, as well as historical expenditure on Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management. It also sets out other sources of funding used for FCERM.
Following consultation with the UK Statistics Authority, this document has been updated to become an Official Statistic. This document is not a National Statistic. These statistics have been produced to the high professional standards set out in the Code of Practice for Official Statistics, which sets out eight principles including meeting user needs, impartiality and objectivity, integrity, sound methods and assured quality, frankness and accessibility.
Published: 10 April 2013
Updated: 1 September 2016
- Publication updated with latest figures for expenditure and budget allocations.
- New funding figures published. This document will be published following the completion of the Spending Review, to ensure that the information on future funding is robust. The Spending Review will conclude on 25th November and this document will be published subsequently, on 1st December. Regarding historical expenditure on Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management, the publication on 1st December will show that £802.6m was spent in 2014/15 (£810.6m real terms in 2015/16 prices).This reflects figures included in Defra’s 2014/15 Annual Report and Accounts.
- This publication has now been designated as an 'Official Statistic' and has to abide by the UK Statistics Authority 'Code of Practice' and principles outlined by the Code.
- Updated to reflect the Budget announcement of 19 March 2014
- Updated to reflect funding announcement of 6 February 2014.
- Updated to include information relating to 2006 and 2007.
- Updated to correct minor errors in figures relating to historic government spending on flood risk management.
- Replaced version of doc
- First published.