Progress made towards achieving the flood and coastal erosion risk management outcome measures target: July 2014 to September 2014.
The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs sets outcome measures to make sure the Environment Agency (EA) and other risk management authorities achieve the aims of government flood and coastal erosion risk management (FCERM) policy.
EA use outcome measures to inform decisions about where to invest FCERM grant in aid.
There are 6 outcome measures that cover:
- cost benefit of FCERM work
- households with reduced risk of flooding or coastal erosion as a result of FCERM work
- areas of habitat created that contribute to Water Framework Directive targets
- households that receive the Floodline Warnings Direct service
- proportion of residential units where the relevant planning authority has refused or amended an application in line with EA advice