Final sea passenger statistics: 2015
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, Accompanied passenger vehicles (SPAS04), UK international sea passengers (SPAS01), UK domestic sea passengers (SPAS02), International and domestic sea passengers (SPAS05), and UK international short sea passengers (SPAS03)
- First published:
- 9 November 2016
Final statistics on the number of sea passengers on both international and domestic routes, to and from the UK in 2015.
PDF, 862KB, 10 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Final statistics on the number of sea passengers which include all vehicle drivers, their passengers and foot passengers on ferries. This updates the provisional data published in February.
- international sea passenger numbers remained broadly stable, decreasing by 1% from 23.2 to 23.0 million
- domestic sea passengers decreased slightly by 2% from 42.7 to 41.7 million
- cruise passengers increased by 7% to 1.9 million, after fluctuating growth in recent years
- domestic sea crossing passenger numbers decreased by 2% to 3.5 million
Provisional figures for 2016 will be published in February 2017.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4863
Published: 9 November 2016
From: Department for Transport
Part of: Maritime and shipping statistics Maritime sector Accompanied passenger vehicles (SPAS04) UK international sea passengers (SPAS01) UK domestic sea passengers (SPAS02) International and domestic sea passengers (SPAS05) UK international short sea passengers (SPAS03)