Final sea passenger statistics: 2014
- Department for Transport
- Part of:
- Maritime and shipping statistics, Maritime sector, Accompanied passenger vehicles (SPAS04), International and domestic sea passengers (SPAS05), UK domestic sea passengers (SPAS02), UK international short sea passengers (SPAS03), and UK international sea passengers (SPAS01)
- 11 November 2015
Final statistics for sea passengers' movements to and from the UK on international and domestic journeys in 2014.
PDF, 435KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
- total sea passenger numbers remained stable at 65.9 million
- the total number of international sea passengers increased by 3% on the previous year, to 23.2 million
- passenger numbers on short sea and long sea voyages increased by 4% and 41% respectively while cruise passengers decreased by 6%
- the total number of passengers on domestic routes decreased by 1% to 42.7 million
- domestic sea crossing passenger numbers decreased by 2% to 3.6 million, river ferries decreased by 3% to 20.6 million and inter-island remained stable at 18.6 million
Provisional figures for 2015 will be published in February 2016.
Maritime and shipping statistics
Domestic waterborne freight enquiries 020 7944 2403
Seafarers statistics enquiries 020 7944 2403
Shipping statistics enquiries 020 7944 4119
Sea passengers statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Ports statistics enquiries 020 7944 4163
Published: 11 November 2015
From: Department for Transport
Part of: Maritime and shipping statistics Maritime sector Accompanied passenger vehicles (SPAS04) International and domestic sea passengers (SPAS05) UK domestic sea passengers (SPAS02) UK international short sea passengers (SPAS03) UK international sea passengers (SPAS01)