The statistics include, the:
- average age of exit from the labour market – this covers the time period from 1950 to 2019
- economic status of individuals aged 50 and over, over time – this includes employment, inactivity and unemployment rates and levels and covers the time period from 1984 to 2019
- employment rate gap between 50 to 64 year olds and 35 to 49 year olds
- are broken down by gender
- are broken down by 5-year age bands (from 50 to 75+)
- include statistics on full-time and part-time employment
The background information and methodology note provides more information including the context, source and limitations of the statistics.