Statistics on the number of practical driver and rider tests undertaken as well as approved driving instructor statistics in Great Britain.
Statistics on the number and pass rates of driving and riding practical tests conducted in Great Britain and statistics from the Approved Driving Instructor register and the Integrated Register of Driver Trainers.
The test and instructor statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), which administers the driving test and training schemes in Great Britain.
Between October to December 2012:
- a total of 430,765 tests were conducted across all test categories. This is a decrease of 1.4% in comparison to the same quarter last year
- the reduction in the number of tests conducted is likely to have been due to the continuing economic situation, as well as an impact due to the bad weather
Test categories included are:
- B (car)
- B1 (tricycles and quadricycles)
- A, A1 and A2 (motorcycles)
- C, C1 (medium and large goods vehicles)
- C+E, C1+E (medium and large goods vehicles with trailers)
- D, D1 (minibuses and buses)
- D+E and D1+E (minibuses and buses with trailers)
Vehicles statistics enquiries
Public enquiries 020 7944 3077