Report on the number of practical driver and rider tests undertaken in Great Britain between July to September 2012.
Statistics about the number and pass rates of driving and riding practical tests conducted in Great Britain between July and September 2012 from the Approved Driving Instructor register and the Integrated Register of Driver Trainers.
The test and instructor statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, which administers the driving test and training schemes in Great Britain.
Between July to September 2012:
- 421,374 tests were conducted across all categories. This is a decrease of 5.3% in comparison to the same period last year
This reduction is likely due to:
- the continuing economic situation
- national events such as the Olympics
- pass rate improvements in the car practical test leading to fewer retests
Test categories included are:
- B (car)
- B1 (tricycles and quadricycles)
- A, A1 and A2 (motorcycles)
- C, C1 (medium and large goods vehicles)
- C+E, C1+E (medium/large goods vehicles with trailers)
- D, D1 (minibuses and buses)
- D+E and D1+E (minibuses/buses with trailers)
Public enquiries 020 7944 3077