Driver and rider tests and instructor statistics: July to September 2014
- Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Driving tests and instructors, Practical driving and riding test pass rates (DRT01), Practical car test pass rates (DRT02), Practical motorcycle test pass rates (DRT04), Practical large goods vehicles (LGV) test pass rates (DRT05), Practical passenger carrying vehicles (PCV) test pass rates (DRT06), Approved driving instructor test pass rates (DRT07), Driving theory tests (DRT50), Numbers of approved driving instructors (INS01), and Compulsory training and incident statistics (INS05)
- First published:
- 11 December 2014
Statistics on the number of practical driver and rider tests undertaken as well as approved driving instructor statistics in Great Britain.
PDF, 494KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Information on the number and pass rates of driving and riding practical tests conducted in Great Britain for the quarter to 30 September 2014, and also statistics on driving instructors. The statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), which administers the driving test and training schemes in Great Britain.
For more detailed statistics than are available in the published tables please contact FOI@dsa.gsi.gov.uk. Driving instructors should also this contact for their personal statistics.
During the latest quarter (July to September 2014):
- there were 437,836 car theory tests, 6.4% more than in the same quarter of the previous year. The pass rate for these tests was 52.%, 1.1 percentage points lower than in the same period of 2013
- there were 370,995 car practical tests, 5.0% more than in the same quarter of the previous year. The pass rate for these tests was 47.5 per cent, 0.1 percentage points lower than the same period in 2013
- the number of motorcycle theory tests was 10.2% up compared with the same period of the previous year. The number of motorcycle practical tests was 10.4% up for module 1 and 11.9% up for module 2 compared with same period of the previous year
- increasing numbers of theory and practical LGV tests conducted in the latest two quarters suggest growth in this sector at a time of GDP growth
Driving tests and instructors statistics
Public enquiries 020 7944 4139
Published: 11 December 2014
Part of: Driving tests and instructors Practical driving and riding test pass rates (DRT01) Practical car test pass rates (DRT02) Practical motorcycle test pass rates (DRT04) Practical large goods vehicles (LGV) test pass rates (DRT05) Practical passenger carrying vehicles (PCV) test pass rates (DRT06) Approved driving instructor test pass rates (DRT07) Driving theory tests (DRT50) Numbers of approved driving instructors (INS01) Compulsory training and incident statistics (INS05)