Driver and rider testing and instructor statistics: April to June 2015
- Department for Transport and Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Part of:
- Driving tests and instructors, Road safety, Practical driving and riding test pass rates (DRT01), Practical car test pass rates (DRT02), Practical motorcycle test pass rates (DRT04) Practical passenger carrying vehicles (PCV) test pass rates (DRT06), Approved driving instructor test pass rates (DRT07), Driving theory tests (DRT50), Numbers of approved driving instructors (INS01), Compulsory training and incident statistics (INS05), and Practical large goods vehicles (LGV) test pass rates (DRT05)
- 10 September 2015
Driving and riding tests and instructors statistics during April to June 2015.
PDF, 395KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Information on the number and pass rates of driving and riding practical tests conducted in Great Britain for the quarter April to June 2015, and also statistics on driving instructors.
The statistics are derived from data held by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), which administers the driving test and training schemes in Great Britain.
During April to June 2015:
- the total number of theory tests conducted increased by 12% compared with the same period the previous year, and the number of practical tests increased by 9%
- the fastest growth was for Large Goods Vehicle (LGV) tests – the number of theory and practical tests combined increased by 39% to 53,600 – reflecting increased demand for professional lorry drivers with the upturn in the economy
- the number of Advanced Driving Instructors (ADI) on the ADI Register decreased by 4.4% over the year to 41,050 in June 2015, but the numbers of candidates passing the Part 1 and Part 2 (out of 3) tests to qualify as ADIs have increased in recent months
Public enquiries 020 7944 3077
Published: 10 September 2015
Part of: Driving tests and instructors Road safety Practical driving and riding test pass rates (DRT01) Practical car test pass rates (DRT02) Practical motorcycle test pass rates (DRT04) Practical passenger carrying vehicles (PCV) test pass rates (DRT06) Approved driving instructor test pass rates (DRT07) Driving theory tests (DRT50) Numbers of approved driving instructors (INS01) Compulsory training and incident statistics (INS05) Practical large goods vehicles (LGV) test pass rates (DRT05)