Ofsted has a database of children’s social care providers and residential accommodation for children in boarding schools and further education colleges in England, including the maximum number of places a provider may offer at any one time. This includes providers which Ofsted inspects and/or regulates.
The provider types include:
- children’s homes
- residential special schools registered as children’s homes
- secure children’s homes
- boarding schools
- residential special schools
- further education colleges with residential accommodation
- independent fostering agencies
- voluntary adoption agencies
- adoption support agencies
- residential family centres
This page has statistics on these providers in England and the maximum number of places they have. Each release comprises key findings, tables and charts in Word and pdf format and charts and tables in Excel format and the underlying data in Excel and comma separated values (.csv) format.