- children in need of social services
- children referred to social services
- assessments undertaken, primary need at assessment and factors identified at the end of assessment
- section 47 enquiries (a local authority carries out one of these if they suspect a child is suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm) and initial child protection conferences
- children who were the subject of a child protection plan
These statistics are based on child-level data collected via the children in need census.
Underlying data has not been provided with these statistics. We’ll publish the underlying data files for all existing breakdowns in the main tables by the end of November 2019.