Children referred to and assessed by children's social services for the financial year ending 31 March 2014.
This publication includes information on:
- children in need of social services
- children referred to social services
- assessments undertaken and primary need identified at assessment
- section 47 enquiries and initial child protection conferences
- children who were the subject of a child protection plan
All 27 tables from the publication are contained in the ‘National and local authority tables: SFR43/2014’ excel document.
We published additional tables showing figures as a result of matching the children in need census to the national pupil database (NPD) on 26 February 2015.
These tables show children in need by:
- prevalence of free school meals (FSM)
- special educational needs (SEN)
- absence and exclusions.
Further details of the matching process and calculations included in these tables can be found in the ‘methodology document 2: SFR43/2014’ file.
Children’s social care statistics team
Telephone: Daniel Brown 0114 274 2599