Air passenger satisfaction with security screening in 2018 can be broadly summarised with:
- 85% of air passengers saying they were very satisfied or satisfied
- 51% of air passengers saying they were very satisfied
- 3% of air passengers saying they were very dissatisfied or dissatisfied
at surveyed airports.
The aspects of security screening with which passengers were least satisfied were:
- queuing (5%)
- general organisation (4%)
- slow speed of screening process (3%)
Over three quarters of passengers (79%) said there was no aspect with which they were least satisfied. Over 90% of passengers agreed that any inconvenience caused by the security screening was acceptable.
The average time passengers said they spent queuing for security screening was similar to the previous year – 7.5 minutes (7.1 minutes for 2017). In 2018 average perceived queuing time ranged from 3.7 minutes at Gatwick to 13.0 minutes at Manchester.