This report contains data on the economic value of sport to the economy
This report contains data on the economic value of sport to the economy, including the number of people employed in this sector, and covers the 2004-06 period.
27 October 2011
2004, 2005 & 2006
UK level data
Next release date:
This report uses a range of data sources to calculate the role of sport in the UK economy. Consumer expenditure, Gross Value Added (GVA) and employment figures are all included. An EU agreed definition of sport has been used, which should allow more accurate international comparisons of the value of sport to be carried out.
- 2004-2006 Sport Satellite Account for the UK (PDF 265kb)
- 2004-2006 Sport Satellite Account for the UK (RTF 2.8mb)
- 2004 Sport Satellite Account for the UK, 28 January 2010
The UK Statistics Authority
This release is published in accordance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics (2009), as produced by the UK Statistics Authority (UKSA). The UKSA has the overall objective of promoting and safeguarding the production and publication of official statistics that serve the public good. It monitors and reports on all official statistics, and promotes good practice in this area.
The list below details the Ministers and Officials who have received privileged early access to this report. In line with best practice, the list has been kept to a minimum and those given access for briefing purposes had a maximum of 24 hours:
- Hugh Robertson MP, Minister for Sport & the Olympics
- Henry Burgess, Head of Professional & International Sport, DCMS
- Ed Pickering, Statistics Head of Profession, DCMS
- Jose Riera, Press Office, DCMS
- Liz Nicholl, Chief Executive, UK Sport
The responsible statistician for this release is Peter Antoniades. For further details about the report, please contact 020 7211 6188.
We can also provide documents to meet the specific requirements of people with disabilities. Please call 020 7211 6000 or email email@example.com.