Statistical data set
Affordable housing starts and completions: April 2013 to March 2014
This statistical data set was withdrawn on
The latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions are published in live table 1012.
Latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions funded by the Homes and Communities Agency and the Greater London Authority.
The latest statistics on affordable housing starts and completions managed by the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and the Greater London Authority (GLA) were released on 12 June 2014.
The figures show the supply of homes delivered under the following programmes:
- Accelerated Land Disposal programme
- Affordable Homes Guarantees programme
- 2011 to 2015 Affordable Homes Programme (including the Affordable Homes Programme, Empty Homes, Homelessness Change, Mortgage Rescue, Short Form Agreements and Traveller Pitch Funding)
- Care and Support Specialised Housing programme
- Economic Assets programme
- Get Britain Building programme
- Kickstart Housing Delivery programme
- National Affordable Housing Programme
- Right to Buy replacements
- Property and Regeneration programme
Details about these programmes can be found in the HCA housing statistics release.
The main points were:
- in 2013 to 2014, there were 41,654 affordable housing starts on site delivered in England through programmes managed by the HCA and the GLA; this represents an increase of 15% compared to the 36,090 started in 2012 to 2013
- in 2013 to 2014, there were 36,352 affordable housing completions delivered through programmes managed by the HCA and the GLA; this represents a decrease of 1% compared to the 36,733 completed in 2012 to 2013
Table 1012: affordable housing starts and completions funded by HCA and the GLA, April 2013 to March 2014
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 20KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Information on the number of affordable homes delivered under the HCA affordable housing programmes is published twice a year. From April 2012, the Mayor of London has had strategic oversight of housing, regeneration and economic development in London. This means that the HCA no longer publish affordable housing starts and completions for London and this responsibility has been taken over by the GLA.
The Department for Communities and Local Government combines data from the HCA and the GLA to publish 6 monthly affordable housing starts and completions delivered nationally under the affordable housing programmes of the HCA and GLA.
More information about the HCA affordable housing statistics.
More information about the GLA affordable housing statistics.
Note that from November 2013 the GLA will be including some forms of housing delivery in their monthly statistics that are not reported by the HCA.