Notes on how the Armed Forces Bill will continue in force the legislation governing the Armed Forces and make provision for other defence matters.
The purpose of the bill is to:
Provide the legal basis for our Armed Forces.
The main elements of the bill are:
- renewal of the legislation
- changes to Court Martial powers
- provisions relating to Service personnel policy
- Service police matters, including provisions for strengthening the independence of Service police investigations
- a number of provisions for other defence matters