Your new State Pension explained
Guidance to help people understand the changes to the State Pension from 6 April 2016.
PDF, 338KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The changes are designed to simplify the State Pension. We want people to know what to expect from their State Pension, to support them in planning for their retirement.
This guide consists of questions and answers to help people understand the main changes.
Published: 17 November 2014
Updated: 6 April 2016
- Published an updated version of 'Your State Pension explained'.
- Published revised PDF – added information about the effect of other benefits on deferral.
- Published revised version with final amount for the full new State Pension from April 2016.
- Published revised version with up to date amounts.
- Updated PDF to reflect new regulations relating to deferral of State Pension being set.
- First published.