Water abstraction: transfer an abstraction or impoundment licence

Application form to transfer an abstraction licence or impoundment licence.


Form WR165: Application to transfer an abstraction or impoundment licence

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form if you want to transfer the whole of an abstraction or impoundment licence from one person to another.

It is not possible to transfer a temporary abstraction licence.

Published 7 May 2014
Last updated 26 March 2018 + show all updates
  1. Removed link to form guidance WR164 - the guidance is now contained within the form.
  2. Updated to version 3 of form.
  3. First published.