Winter Fuel Payment statistics: policies and statements
Background information and methodology relating to Winter Fuel Payment statistics.
PDF, 225KB, 13 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document includes:
- an explanation of the methods used to produce the statistics (including the raw data sources)
- the purposes for which the statistics can and cannot be used
- a statement about the quality of the statistics
Published: 17 September 2014
Updated: 21 September 2016
- Added 'Winter Fuel Payments annual statistics: background information and methodology' - this replaces the 'Methodology statement: Winter Fuel Payment statistics', 'Uses and users: Winter Fuel Payment statistics', 'Quality statement: Winter Fuel Payment statistics' and 'Background information: Winter Fuel Payment statistics'.
- Added revised versions of methodology - added more information on quality assurance to the induction and uses and users - added more information about identifying users of Winter Fuel Payment statistics in sections: Winter Fuel Payment statistics users and Targeted user engagement.
- The United Kingdom Statistics Authority assesses the official Winter Fuel Payment statistics against National Statistics protocols. To improve the supporting documentation, we’ve added more detail to each of the documents. For example, we’ve added a non-technical production summary to page 3 of the “Methodology” document.
- Added a new document – the 'Quality statement' – and a revised version of 'Uses and users' that includes more information.
- First published.