© Crown copyright 2018
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/waste-carrier-broker-and-dealer-registration-renewals-due-after-25-march-2018-rps-208/waste-carrier-broker-and-dealer-registration-renewals-due-after-25-march-2018-rps-208
Waste carriers, brokers and dealers must register with the Environment Agency. Registration costs £154 and lasts for 3 years. Renewing a registration costs £105.
The current online registration system does not allow customers who have registered since March 2015 to renew online.
The Environment Agency is upgrading this system so customers can renew online, but it may not be ready until August 2018.
The Environment Agency has provided this RPS so that you can operate lawfully in the interim period.
If you need to renew after 25 March 2018, the Environment Agency will:
- tell you what you need to do if the extension applies to you when they send you your renewals reminder
- extend your current registration at no extra cost – you will not need to renew until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- extend the registrations of affected customers in stages until the upgraded online registration system is ready
- put a notice on the renewals page of the online registration system telling those affected about the automatic extension
- make sure your business is still registered and visible on the public register during the extension period
The Environment Agency will not take enforcement action against you if you do not register during the extension period you have been given.
They will take enforcement action against you if you do not register after your extension period.
When to check back
This RPS will be reviewed in August 2018. You will need to check back then to see if it still applies.
Contact the Environment Agency
National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
Telephone 03708 506 506
Telephone from outside the UK (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm GMT) +44 (0) 114 282 5312
Minicom (for the hard of hearing) 03702 422 549
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm