PLEASE NOTE: The Young People’s Learning Agency has closed. Its key work and publications have transferred to the Education Funding Agency (EFA).
Value Added (VA) for 16-18 learners aims to show the progress of individual learners relative to the average progress made by similar learners nationally for the same qualification and subject, taking prior attainment into account.
The Learner Achievement Tracker (LAT) is a piece of software specifically designed to allow users to access and make use of the outputs from the calculation of VA for 16-18 learners. The data from the calculations are produced as a variety of reports that show a school or college’s performance against national average performance.
This handbook provides guidance on using the LAT, what Value Added is, minimum levels of performance and other useful advice.
Visit the Department for Education website for more information
- Introduction to Value Added for 16-18 Learners
- Scope of the Value Added Measure for 16-18 Learners
- Data for Value Added for 16-18 Learners
- Value Added Summary Reports
- Value Added national Comparison Reports and Ad hoc Reports
- National Chances Charts
- Value Added for 16-18 Learners: Frequently Asked Questions